- 450g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 45g butter
- 180g caster sugar
- 80g corn flour
- 20g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Using a double boiler, melt 350g chocolate with the butter until smooth. Remove the mixture from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (but set aside half of the remaining chocolate i.e. 50g) to the chocolate-butter mixture. Beat the mixture with a whisk until well combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 15 minutes prior to baking, preheat the oven to 180C (356F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the chilled dough into balls, and space each one about 2-inches apart on the sheet to allow space for spreading. Flatten the dough a bit with a spoon or your palm.
- Press the reserved 50g chocolate on top of each brookie dough.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle some pink salt and serve immediately (highly recommended!).