This cake is inspired by the PISTACHIO & ORANGE BLOSSOM RAW AVOCADO CAKE by Unconventional Baker – someone who creates tons of beautiful, raw and healthy desserts. Being as greedy as always, I threw in a dash of coconut goodness, i.e. dessicated coconut and coconut milk, into the cake base and cake filling respectively. In both the original and my own take, every mouthful It is all about freshness brought by the cake’s natural, raw components. With that said, how can I honestly make it sound even better? How about by telling you that this cake is a frozen ice-cream cake? This way, every mouthful feels both icy and creamy in texture, and entirely nourishing and satisfying in feel. In other words, this is the perfect treat for a sunny, warm day when you just want to hide inside a fridge that’s probably too small for you.
- ½ cup raw pistachios (~55g), pre-soaked and drained
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (~50g)
- 5 soft medjool dates, pitted (~95g)
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 medium size avocados, peeled and pitted (~230g)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup raw pistachios
- tsp vanilla
- Raspberries and chopped pistachios
For the base:
- Line an 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Using a blender or food processor, ground the crust ingredients into a semi-fine texture with some crunch left.
- Evenly distribute the mixture on the bottom of the pan and press with a spoon until the base is even and firm.
For the filling:
- Using a clean blender or food processor, blend all the filling ingredients in high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Freeze the cake for at least 3 hours to let it set.
- If preferred, decorate the cake with raspberries and chopped pistachio just like I did. Enjoy! 🙂
*To enjoy the ideal texture, please first leave the cake to soften a bit in room temperature for about 10 mins.